Carpal tunnel Syndrome
For Pain Relief
- Biofreeze Cryotherapy Pain Relief
- Biofreeze is a pain-relieving topical gel used to provide temporary relief of pain. It contain ILEX, an herbal extract which provides fast-acting and penetrating relief of pain from arthritis and muscular soreness and strains. It does not contain waxes, oils, aloe or petroleum. The roll-on applicator is good for those who need to cover a larger area or who do not want to apply the gel manually. The spray applicator is good for covering larger areas such as with low back pain.
- Thumbs Up: The menthol smell does not linger as with other pain relieving gels and creams.
- Caution: Do not use hot packs after applying Biofreeze as blistering can occur.
- Elastogel Hot or Cold Packs
- Elastogel packs can be used for either heat or cold. They cost a bit, but are very durable and comfortable. The high-glycerine gel is covered with a four-way stretch material that allows the pack to mold around the injured area. The packs will not leak if punctured or dry out. The Elastogel wraps have velcro strapping that hold it in place. Put into the freezer for cold or place in the microwave for heat.
- Tip: Place in a freezer bag so that the pack does not pick up food odors.
- Isotoner gloves
- Isotoner gloves are light-weight, spandex gloves. They do not have leather insets and seams are placed on the outside of the glove so that pressure is not placed against the painful or injured area. The slight compression of the spandex provides a gentle support and helps to reduce swelling. The stretch allows easy movement without joint restriction. These gloves are light enough and comfortable enough to be worn for long periods of time or at night.
- Thumbs Up: Gloves can be purchased in 3/4 finger length which provides for finger-tip sensation and allows improved use during daily activities.
- Caution: The compression provided should be gentle. Do not wear if you feel your circulation is compromised.
- Comfort Cool Arthritis Thumb Splint
- The Comfort Cool Arthritis Thumb Splint was designed specifically to support the thumb's CMC joint (where the base of the thumb meets the wrist). It is an excellent splint for CMC arthritis. The splint is flexible, made of thin, breathable neoprene material with a light terry cloth lining to wick away moisture and increase comfort. A contour strap is placed to support the CMC joint. These splints can be hand washed and air dried.
- Tip: Please email me if you would like instructions on applying the strap so that it is most comfortable and supportive to the CMC joint.
- Pil-o splint
- The Pil-O-Splint is a large, soft splint that supports the wrist and the fingers in a neutral, comfortable position. An elbow version is also available The splint is constructed of breathable foam covered with a cotton lining. The splint comes in a slip-on or an adjustable version with velcro strapping.
- Thumbs Up: The elbow version is great for night use to hold the elbow mostly straight - a position that helps heal Cubital Tunnel Syndrome.
- Tip: This splint is soft and comfortable but bulky. It is best used as a night splint unless you are extremely painful.
- Tip: One size fits all. If you have a larger hand, look for the adjustable version. Also, if you have a fracture or other acute injury, look for the adjustable version as you do not want to be slipping your hand into the splint.
- Thermoskin Wrist Wrap
- The Thermoskin Wrist Wrap is a light-weight, soft, elasticized wrist support that gently limits the end range-of-motion of wrist movement but still allows flexibility while performing activity. The support has a comfortable terry-cloth type lining that retains body heat to help reduce pain. The lining is breathable and washable and wicks moisture away from the skin. A loop hooks around the thumb, and then the body of the splint wraps around the wrist providing the support.
- Thumbs-Up: The fingers and palm are not covered which improves comfort and function
- Thumbs-Up: A very comfortable, flexible splint that can be used on either the right or the left hand.
- Thumbs-Up: Pricing is good.
- Neosporin Scar Solution
- Neosporin scar solution are similar in appearance to a large band-aid, but rather than having a gauze padding, the sheet is thinly covered with a gel sheeting impregnated with silicone. The silicone patches do not contain any medication. Rather, the silicone technology acts as an occlusive barrier that mimics the natural barrier function of the skin. With use over 4-8 weeks, scars become flatter, softer and less discolored. The scar does not stick to the tissues underneath it and becomes looser and more pliable. This can help reduce scar pain and sensitivity and reduces pain with joint motion near a tight scar.
- Thumbs-Up: I have observed remarkable changes in scar tissue with use of this product.
- Caution: Do not use this produce over any open wound.
- Caution: Reduce wearing time if skin irritation occurs. Do not wear for 24 hours at a time. Remove occasionally to allow the skin to breathe.
- Isotoner Gloves
- The light compression of the isotoner glove can aid in minimizing scar formation.
- See the review in the support section for further information.
- split keyboard
- vertical mouse
- mouse bridge
To Make Life a Little Easier